Wednesday, February 2, 2011

LdM School of Renaissance and Art!

First week of school, the real reason I am here afterall.

Here is an over view, my schedule [seen before here] dictates that I have 9 am classes Monday through Wednesday, I have Thursdays off and everyone has Friday and the weekend off.

So Monday I had Italian Elementary 1 and Mysteries & Secrets in Architecture. My Italian class only has 10 students in it and I think that will actually work well for me because it gives us each more one on one time with the professor. The actual professor for this course has been sick all week so I don't actually know what she is like but our substitute is very nice.

I got out of Italian at 10:15am and had a huge gap of free time till my 3:00pm class, so rather than go back to the appartment I decided to grab lunch at the cafe on campus and then browse the city around where my classes are:

Palazzo della Reppublica

Santa Maria Novella peeking through the street.

Santa Maria Novella

Back at the River

Later that evening after the first day of school we were all invited to a "free" welcome dinner for LdM students at a huge dining hall in a fancy hotel on our road Via Ghibellina. It was so opulent!

Antipasti, first course, desert and wine vouchers. Welcome to Florence!

1 comment: