Friday, February 18, 2011

Je ne sais pas français! [Part II]


The second day of our trip consisted of visits to small medieval cities along the French Riviera. After a hearty breakfast of crescents and various pastries we set off for the little walled town of Saint Paul, France, a medieval city untouched by modern influences.

Next came the town of Cannes, France. This city was abit more modern in feel but it contained an older quarter which we were able to visit. Cannes along with being a harbor city is also known for the international film festival that is held there. Laura and I really didn't know many of the actors and actresses so we were constantly asking Rachael who they were and what movies they were in.
The only one I knew.

Rachael being super excited over one of the Coen Brothers, I'm told they directed movies like O'Brother Were Art Tho and The Big Lebowski.

Yet another beautiful church we had the pleasure of going into.

Our last stop was the city on the cliff-side, Eze, France. Eze is one of the places in France that is famous for it's perfume factory so one of the highlights was a trip through said factory and then browsing the perfumes that can only be bought in France. Since I had not bought anything over 5 euro on my trip through France, a bottle of french perfume was my souvenir of the trip. I got a really good deal on it and I never really bought perfume before other than the bath and body works body splashes.



After the tour and shopping I ventured into the old town of Eze, it had a fantastic view of the ocean and neighboring seaside towns from it's walls but the view from the top ruins of an old castle in the town was probably the best 4 euro expense I had ever paid for!




Our trip was short but I enjoyed the places we went to in France none the less! The people in our trip didn't all seem to get the culture and history we got to experience (as a matter a fact they whined about what a waste it was to go to St. Paul, which was my favorite part of the trip, because there was no place to shop!) but I didn't let that stop me from enjoying myself. Next weekend I am going to Venice, Italy for Carnival and I cannot wait! I hope it is as enjoyable as this one was!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment