Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lucca Trip

My roommates (+David, Laura, & Sophie) took our first day trip to Lucca, Italy yesterday. It was my first experience with the trains in Italy and I must say it was very pleasant, makes me look forward to any other day trips on the weekend we may take to Milan or Pisa while I am here in Florence.

Anyway, the train only cost 5,20 euro one way and was about an hour and thirty minute ride. (This was not a straight through train, we made many stops along the way.)Here is a picture of the ticket!


We left Florence at 8:38am and arrived in Lucca at 1o:21am to beautiful sunny skies and a high of 60 degrees. Perfect weather for exploring the older area of this city!





Lucca had many churches to see and beautiful scenic routes a top the outer walls, we saw everything inside the city by foot and biked along the top of the wall to see the mountains that surround Lucca as we made the loops, some of them were even covered in snow!


Sophie, just met her through Christina, one of my biking buddies!

Rachael, my roomie, my other biking buddy!

Along with being very scenic, Lucca had a pastry shop on just about every corner and gelato shops on every other corner so this quickly became the food trip, especially since alot of it was cheaper then what we find in Florence or what we found in France even.


All in all it was a wonderful trip and I look forward to the next one when we have a free weekend. This coming weekend I am going to Venice during Carnival with my roommate Rachael and I am very excited about it! One because I love Venice and two because I get to experience carnival without having to worry about lodging since I am going through Ldm, most of the time during Carnival, lodging becomes difficult to come by and it is not unheard of for people to have to sleep in the streets. (Or not sleep at all.)I can't wait to go!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment