Friday, February 4, 2011

Chocolate Festival and Buffalo Chicken

Low and behold I end up in Florence when there is a Chocolate festival going on, we noticed there was something going on at the Piazza in front of Santa Croce on our night out but who knew it was going to be all about chocolate!
Santa Croce overlooking the chocolate festival!



Laura and her sample spoons!


Chocolate liquor, chocolate fondue, chocolate covered nuts, chocolate sauce, chocolate tools, chocolate shoes... The combinations where endless and just about everywhere we went there were samples of the concoctions. And it was all soooooo good! I wanted to send some to my sister, but it probably would be hung up in customs forever. Sorry V, here is a picture for you!


This one is for Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle Steve:


And this one is for mom:


Making dinner is fun, but it is even better with a group. Our dinner was wheat pasta with made from scratch tomato sauce (two of my friends are taking italian cooking classes!), breaded buffalo chicken with real blue cheese, and real garlic bread. It was a meal to be proud of, I'm learning alot about how to make food so I too can make good food for myself to add to my recipes of scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, and pasta with jar tomato sauce.

Christina, the made the banging Buffalo Chicken!

Rachael, she made the wine run with me and we debated over what 5 euro white wine to get since we both had no idea! It was good though!


And here is an example of everyone working in our tiny kitchen:


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment