Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break: Roma

Guess what, I'm back!

Alright so I've actually been back a week now, but with all the relaxing and site seeing I did it was hard to get back to work and blog.

First stop on the tour of Italy with my Parents was to the old city of Rome. Having been there once before I was more than happy to try and play tour guide as we tried to see all the sites we possibly could in a day and a half. We were very successful!!!

First day was dedicated to the Roman Forum, the Colosseum,the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza del Pocolo, and Piazza Nuovona. Since we could see the Colosseum from our hotel it was our logical first destination. Mom and Dad were both amazed by the Forum, as was I and I had been there before!!! It is simply amazing what the Roman achieved in their time. Giant buildings of brick and stone still standing after all these years.


Look at that amazing craftsmanship!


The Colosseum!



Piazza del Popolo

The next day was all about the Vatican, Pantheon, and any other places I wanted to go that I had missed the last time I was in Rome.

Vatican odds and ins statue collection

A gorgeous Raphael painting!

St. Peter's Basilica is one of the best churches to catch the spiritual nature of the building in photos.

St. Peter's Basilica

An angel from the Ponte Angelo

Pantheon!!!


Eat your heart out Michelangelo, you may be a genius but this painted ceiling is gorgeous! Saint Ignazio Church Ceiling!


More to come, Pisa is up next! Leaning Tower and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment