Saturday, January 29, 2011

Steady Saturday

Not too bad, I really needed to chill out alittle and find the calm since I've been on edge with excitement since I got here Wednesday. Christina and Rachael are on an excursion to Rome with LdM so that just left Emma and I with the apartment to ourselves. First thing we did once we finally got up? Call the landlord because our roommates had dead bolted us in the apartment from the outside.

Doesn't sound like a problem right? Well it was, Emma had previously been dead bolted in the apartment and could not get out until she called the landlord, so in short we called her (lucky for us she was home, which she usually isn't on weekends) and she came over and unlocked the door. Then the three of us and her boyfriend tackled the problem because there should be no reason we can't get out of the apartment. Apparently we were all doing it wrong because he go the door to open every time he tried. Odd? Yes. We just won't be clicking the dead bolt when we know someone is home until we figure out how to unlock it properly. The door already locks well enough on its own when we close it and leave the apartment and the outer door to the building locks too so our landlady said not to worry about it.

By the way for those of you who missed the last post, my key is featured here.

So after all that we were ready for lunch, Emma showed me a great little "take and go" place that sells Mesopotamian kebabs for really cheap. While I had not had much pasta but had alot of sandwiches and pizza, this place was a nice change of pace that I will indeed go back to if I need a reprieve. It is close to the apartment and sooooo delicious!


Once lunch had finished we decided then that we were going to try the public laundry place down the street from the apartment. Last night one of our roommates tried to use the washer in the kitchen and despite following all directions from the landlord the washer did not spin the clothes nor did it drain the water in the cavity. So her clothes were sopping wet, water was all over the floor, and it will take ages to try them. Emma and I were not about to have that.

The laundry station was actually quite convenient, a couple euros to wash and even dry all done in an hour. Definitly will be hitting up there again.

The rest of the day was uninteresting really, I went to the Billa supermarket again and bought eggs, tomatoes, olive oil, and orange/carrot/lemon juice. So far I have all the makings for Omelets with the salami and cheese I bought two days ago as well as makings for sandwiches. So far so good, though I have yet to buy salt because for the life of me I don't know what it is in Italian and being at the market trying to buy salt is nerve-racking.

So now I bid you good evening and go back to drinking my peach tea (I bought that too!) and sorting papers and due dates to get ready for classes next week.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment